Senior VFX Artist
Splash Damage – Kent, UK
I'm working with Splash Damage to find their new Senior VFX Artist. If you're a talented and experienced Senior VFX Artist who enjoys building stunning effects across a range of projects then read on!
As Senior VFX Artist you'll apply a mix of technical and artistic skills to push the visual quality of the studio's AAA titles; collaborating with Design and Programming teams to ensure games are both engaging and artistically stunning. As a Senior you will enjoy a high degree of responsibility for development tasks and supporting members of the wider team.
Your responsibilities will include…
- Working with the project VFX team to drive the creation and refinement of gameplay and environmental effects
- Set and maintain effective VFX pipelines
- Effectively communicate with and motivate the team
- Supporting junior artists in their development and learning
- Collaborating with the Art team to accentuate visual fidelity
- Working with Designers to enhance immersion and player experience Collaborate with Technical Art to maintain performance requirements
- Advocate best practices for cross-discipline collaboration
- Push the studio's VFX techniques into new territories
The skills and experience you'll bring to the role…
- Worked on 3 or more commercially released AAA titles as a VFX Artist
- Mastered the fundamentals of VFX including timing, composition, colour and how VFX provide gameplay feedback
- Comfortable authoring real-time VFX
- Familiar with Unreal Engine 4’s VFX and Physics tools
- Knowledge of the technical constraints of Console and PC budgets
- Strong experience with node based material generation workflows
- Up to speed with latest digital art techniques, practices, tools, software, and trends
- Understanding of production constraints and collaboration needs in a fast paced environment
Bonus XP if you have any of the following…
- Previous worked as a Senior or equivalent experience
- Knowledge in rigid body, pyro, and fluid simulation
- Technical knowledge of 3D asset building and surfacing packages
- Enjoy problem solving and experimenting with new boundaries
- Able to take ownership of VFX implementation
- Comfortable working autonomously to meet expectations and deliveries
- Houdini FX knowledge would be a big plus
Splash Damage are an Unreal Engine focused studio and they're in the process of transitioning their teams to the latest UE5 tech. So those team-based multiplayer games they're well know for will now be developed on the highly praised and newest iteration of UE.
The studio places a lot of emphasis on creating a work-life balance for their developers and they offer a comprehensive benefits package that focuses on the well-being of the team and their families.
Splash Damage believe their dev teams create their best work when they have a range of perspectives and experiences to draw from, as the studio increases the diversity of their workforce they also foster an inclusive environment to ensure everyone's voices are heard.
To find out more about the role and the studio contact me for a confidential chat.
email@example.com or call +44 (0)1709 834777.