Senior Vegetation Artist
Guerrilla Games – Amsterdam, NL
Are you an experienced Vegetation Artist who likes the sound of joining a well established and growing studio in the vibrant heart of cultural Amsterdam?
This studio is on the hunt for a Senior Vegetation Artist to create stunning photo realistic environments on an open-world title that's destined to be a massive hit around the world. You will be joining a dedicated and talented team that has delivered some amazing quality titles.
Make sure to have a significant number of realistic vegetation pieces on your portfolio, as high quality experience and attention to detail will be paramount for this role. You will be feeding back to the outsource team, and managing their art direction throughout the project. Just imagine the look on your friends' faces when you tell them you're working alongside the developers behind Horizon Zero Dawn and Killzone!
As a Vegetation Artist, your main tasks and responsibilities will be:
- Help with the creation of vegetation assets that will be used to dress the game world
- Optimise the game’s content to run within memory and fit performance requirements
- Resolve a variety of bugs to improve playability and the overall quality of the game
- Collaborate with other Guerrilla developers to meet the narrative, quest, and design requirements
- Analyse, plan, and collect references for the assets that need to be created
The skills and XP you'll need to succeed:
- Experience on at least two full development cycles for a game project (experience with an open-world game as an Vegetation Artist is a plus
- A great artistic eye and able to understand form, composition, colour, light, and detail
- An impressive portfolio that highlights nature and vegetation assets
- Your models should be dynamic and clean, and you should be able to deliver them consistently in a timely manner
- Experience with Maya, Zbrush, Photoshop, Substance, and industry standard game editors
- A really big plus would be shader coding / shader creation knowledge
- Competent working in agile and multi-disciplinary teams
- Pro-active in solving issues that might arise during production
- A love for nature and the outdoors that clearly reflects in your artwork
Sound like a role you'd be interested in?
Drop me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org or call +44 (0)1709 834777