Senior Unreal Developer
C4X Discovery – Manchester, United Kingdom
C4X are searching for a Senior Unreal Developer. This is a fantastic opportunity to join a team doing pioneering work with new drug discoveries using unreal engine in the enterprise space.
By joining the C4X team you will help develop a tool that allows scientists to visualize C4X’s proprietary compound data in a desktop application allowing them to collaboratively design new compounds. The role will involve all aspects of the development with tasks ranging from engine architecture and multiplayer coding, to developing VR experiences.
As a senior developer you will be in charge of large blocks of code and will need to take them from inception to completion.
Your role and responsibilities will include…
- Designing and implementing whole architectural sections of code seamlessly integrating them into the existing code base
- Liaison with other departments in the company to independently create the specifications for new modules in the 4Sight project
- Guiding modules from inception to completion, including planning, development feedback and testing
- Working as part of the larger team to help shape the directions of the 4Sight program, taking into account the project's current needs and resources in conjunction with its place in the company
- Interpreting the requirements of the wider company that need to produce useful software and responding to feedback to improve the project
- Being a trusted representative of the 4Sight team to the larger company and to interact with external parties from business partners to external contractors
The skills and experience you'll need…
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, or similar discipline
- Extensive professional development within the games industry working on 3D console / PC games
- In-depth background with UE4.
- Advanced C++ programming expertise
- An understanding of Networking Architecture
- Excellent 3D Math, Trig, and Linear Algebra skills.
- Exposure to programming for VR (HTC Vive, Oculus Rift, other)
- A track record working on projects with Agile development processes
Bonus points if you have…
- Master’s degree in computer science, or similar discipline
- AWS implementation
- Experience with multithreaded systems
- A background working with a wide array of low-level systems: graphics, networking, audio, memory management, tools, etc.
- Source Control (Github, Perforce)
- Basic science understanding/background (preferably chemistry)
Are you interested in learning more about this role?
Get in touch for a confidential chat about the role, studio and their culture.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call +44 (0)1709 834777.