Senior Unity Engineer
XYZ Reality – London, UK
Are you interested in a Senior Unity Engineer position that will help push the boundaries of what can be achieved with VR/AR?
XYZ Reality are the creators of one of the first engineering grade Augmented Reality systems available. Their software and custom-built VR headsets are revolutionizing construction by identifying potential errors in the build process, saving companies millions of pounds, and ensuring faster project delivery.
This is your chance to participate in interesting R&D initiatives and enjoy working on a wide variety projects with regular updates and releases, work on the development of a proprietary rendering engine, and quite uniquely, even provide input into the further design of their custom-built VR/AR headsets.
As the Senior Unity Engineer your responsibilities will include…
- Developing Augmented Reality applications for custom hardware (and additional future platforms) using Unity, external and custom libraries
- Help shape the future structure, tech stacks and flow of software
- Work in a highly practical Research-and-Development and product-driven culture
- Work with Hardware, Software, and Design teams to develop cutting edge products
The skills and experience you'll bring to the role…
- 3 or more years professional experience with C# and Unity
- Solid expertise of mathematics (geometry, vector algebra)
- Strong understanding of programming paradigms, templates, design patterns and anti-patterns
- Willingness to learn new things and to help out in other areas within the company when needed
- BS degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering
- Ability to prioritise, plan and estimate your own tasks to ensure timely delivery of work
- An interest in and desire to work with AR
- Passion for code quality and performance
- Excellent communication skills in spoken and written English
Although not essential any of the following would be highly beneficial…
- First-hand experience building computer vision/graphics systems
- Experience/Knowledge of Unity’s Universal Render Pipeline
- Experienced in shader writing
- Knowledge of CAD theory and rendering
- Knowledgeable about construction BIM standards
If you are interested in this role and would like to know more about either the role or studio please contact Phil at Aardvark Swift.
Email email@example.com or +44 (0)1709 834777.