Senior Unity Developer (Remote)
The Sand Box – St Julians, MT
***Fully Remote Role***
As the Senior Unity Developer at The Sand Box you'll be an integral part of the studio's team and contribute to the ongoing development of their blockchain based game world "The Sandbox".
Your responsibilities will include creating ground breaking new features for our users and for internal use via well designed, testable and efficient code inline with best software development practices.
You'll translate design and product documentation into technical specifications, create authoring and/or debugging tools and build reusable code and libraries for future use.
If you've not already heard on the studios flagship title The Sandbox is a virtual world where players can build, own and monetize their own voxel gaming experiences on the Ethereum blockchain.
Sand Box are first to market with this new perspective in second life games and are building a deeply immersive gaming virtual world metaverse where creators get the chance to make games next to gaming giants and brands such as Atari, Rollercoaster Tycoon, Shaun the Sheep and more gaming partners.
They have hubs in France and Argentina with programmers spread all over the world. They're looking to recruit more senior level Unity developers to join their team and offer permanently remote roles wherever in the world you are.
The skills and experience requirements for the role…
- 3 years game development experience
- 2 years experience in using Unity with a previously shipped title
- C++/C# programming experience
- Deep understanding of data structures, 3D math and a Data Oriented mindset
- Well versed in Unity's asset and build pipeline
- Knowledge of Unity team project best-practices (prefabs, asset naming, organized scene hierarchy)
- Experience with Git or other DVCS
- Comfortable working in a collaborative and distributed development environment
- Time-management, organisation, and communication skills
Bonus points if you can bring the following…
- Experience with Unity new Data Oriented Technology Stack (DOTS)
- Experience with Unity new Scripted Render Pipeline
- Experience developing and optimizing for mobile devices
- Advanced rendering/Shaders
Even if you don't hit all of the markers in the job description the key to being considered for this role is having the Unity experience.
For a confidential chat about this role please contact Dave Moss.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call +44 (0)1709 834777.