Senior Unity Developer
MAG Interactive – Brighton, UK or Stockholm, SE
Do you have what it takes to be part of the core develop team for a multinational studio?
MAG have a firm belief that the key to producing great games is teamwork and trust. Working from offices in Stockholm and Brighton, each team owns its respective game project and decides on how best to proceed in development. This way, everyone at MAG feels valued and has the opportunity to make a great impact, getting a lot of ownership for their specific areas within a positive work environment.
You’ll be working in the core development team at MAG Interactive, which is the key central team for excellence at MAG. This team is positioned between the game teams and the other central teams such as the server team. You will build awesome shared tech and tools, which will allow their teams to quickly make updates and improvements to their games. You will be advising the game teams on how to improve the functionality of their games, including designing new systems and iterating on the existing ones to help boost player engagement. You'll also ensure that the shared libraries across all projects are running smoothly.
Your day-to-day will involve the following:
- Focus on Unity and work on shared client-side systems that are integrated into the games
- Work closely with the server-side team and act as a bridge between them and the game teams
- Collaborate with game teams to identify workflow bottlenecks and design solutions
- Create new common tools and systems to be used across game projects
- Continuous optimisation and support of existing systems
- Identify improvements to optimise tools while always keeping the user in focus
- Work autonomously to define your own workload while keeping in mind the team and company objectives
The skills and XP you'll need to succeed:
- 3+ years using Unity and C#
- Experience with custom tool creation in Unity and C#
- Confident optimising game applications
- Deep understanding of software architecture, design patterns, and API development
- Experience in writing unit tests and building up test harnesses to ensure the quality and maintainability of the solutions, now and in the future
- Knowledge of mobile development (iOS and Android)
- Excellent communication skills and attitude
- Self-driven and motivated to succeed
- Fluent in English
The following will earn you BONUS POINTS:
- Experience with CI and specific systems such as Jenkins
- Knowledge of Unity UPM or NPM and package registry solutions such as Verdaccio
- Keen eye for detail and has a grasp of what looks good, feels good, and is easy to use
- Professional experience in agile software development
- Built and launched one or more mobile projects on iOS or Android
If you are interested in applying for this role or discussing your specific situation in a confidential way, get it touch!
Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call +44 (0)1709 834777