Senior UI Artist
Sumo-Digital – Nottingham, UK
Sumo Digital are looking for a Senior UI Artist to come and join the team in Nottingham! This person will create engaging and functional 2D and 3D graphics, including menu screens, HUD, and all additional user interface graphics.
With a rich history of developing multiple AAA franchises such as Little Big Planet and Crackdown, as well as contributing to genre-defining titles like the Forza Motorsport and Hitman series, Sumo’s vast development experience spans multiple genres and platforms.
As winners of the TIGA Star Employment Award for 2021, recipients of the GI Biz 2020 Best Places to Work Award and listed as one of the UK’s 100 Best Large Companies to Work for in 2021, Sumo Digital has enjoyed 18 years of stability and growth since its formation in 2003 and continues to strive for excellence across every single project.
The team have a track record of working on some of the world's biggest and best games and received two BAFTAs for their work on Sackboy: A Big Adventure. As the scale and exclusivity of projects continues to grow, there’s never been a more exciting time to join the Sumo Nottingham family!
Your role and responsibilities will include…
- Designing, creating and implementing game User Interfaces using proprietary and middleware UI tools
- The organisation and maintenance of game-ready assets for use in user interfaces, such as textures, icons, and fonts
- Working with Design and Art Direction on the creation and revision of UI concepts and prototype flows to establish the UI direction
- Following the design direction closely to ensure clear communication of essential information to the player
- Collaborating with UI programmers to ensure correct functionality and visual fidelity
The skills and experience you'll need…
- Expert graphic design abilities in Adobe Photoshop and Adobe Illustrator
- A background creating user interfaces from concept to prototype to final
- Expertise with typography, composition, colour theory and motion graphics
- Comprehensive understanding of UX design for console and PC
- Ability to communicate and collaborate with Art, Design and Code
- Strong pre-visualisation and implementation skillset
- Adeptness in After Effects
- A minimum of 5 years’ professional development working on AAA video games
Bonus points if you have…
- High levels of competence with Max, Maya or equivalent modelling and animation packages
- UE4 experience
- An animation background
Interested in this role? Want to know more?
Get in touch with Jasmin Ali on 01709 834777 or email firstname.lastname@example.org