Senior UI Artist
Ubisoft Reflections – Newcastle, UK
This is your chance to work with an industry-leading and innovative studio who have a successful track record of producing critically acclaimed AAA games!
This studio has collaborated with creative teams from all across the Ubisoft family, contributing to the creation of some of the industry’s most acclaimed AAA games! Their most recent work can be found within Watch Dogs Legion, Tom Clancy’s The Division, Assassins Creed Syndicate, Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon Wildlands, as well as ground-breaking in-house projects, such as the award-winning Grow Home and Grow Up series.
As their new Senior UI Artist, you will be expected to deliver complex high-quality UI assets, features, and experiences from an ergonomic, aesthetic, and technical perspective within the constraints of the game.
Your day-to-day will include tasks such as:
- Be a reference for the art team in relation to various artistic elements and find solutions to complex issues that arise
- Complete assigned tasks and supervise team members from conception through to final sign off
- Plan, estimate, and prioritise time frames for the completion of tasks, and track progress using the designated tracking tools
- Communicate and collaborate with key stakeholders to develop significant feature direction, ensuring consistency of work within the team;
- Support the department lead to ensure successful sign off process for your own work and that of others, conducting reviews, critiquing work, and providing suitable feedback
- Efficiently communicating and supporting messages from management
- Actively participate in the implementation of more efficient work methods
- Collaborate effectively with artists, designers, technical artists, and programmers to produce features and assets
- Implement, optimise, and verify (utilising user testing), the functionality and usability of features
- Set and share best practices, production pipelines, and workflows within the group
- Share knowledge and motivate artists within the team
- Creatively and consistently apply the project art direction, and assist others to ensure consistency throughout the work
- Support the Lead UI Artist in any ad hoc tasks and duties
Skills and XP you'll need to succeed:
- AAA games experience
- 5+ years experience in UI art or a similar field within a games studio
- Experience with 3D software such as Maya or 3DS Max
The following will earn you BONUS POINTS:
- Knowledge of scripting languages such as Python
Would you like to learn more about this position?
Get in touch with us!
Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call +44 (0)1709 834777