Senior UI Artist (Global Remote)
Gala Games – San Francisco, US
Gala are looking for a skilled and experienced Senior UI Artist to work on an entirely new AAA open world action/RPG/MMO project, The Walking Dead Empires. As an important member of the team, you’ll be responsible for creating consistently high quality UI art and raising the bar for user interface content in our titles. You’ll work closely with internal stakeholders so the ability to communicate effectively is very important.
Working closely with creative leads, you will be responsible for concepting and implementing key areas of the game's presentation, including UI interface, icons, menus, flow, and wireframes. You will also be working with both Design and Engineering teams in areas of flow and functionality, to ensure a seamless user experience.
You must be flexible, highly motivated and detail conscious. This is a fantastic opportunity to join one of the world’s most exciting games studios, using cutting edge technology to create world class games with an established, highly talented and collaborative team.
As a Senior UI Artist, you will…
- Understand the game design documents to understand the intended user experience.
- Design and implement platform-specific user menus and interfaces and preserve the uniformity of the visual and logical aspects of the user interfaces for all platforms
- Interact and collaborate with team members from different work units (design, art, programming, etc.).
- Understand the implementations and respect technical constraints
- Design user interface and HUD display systems that are visually appealing, intuitive and effective
- Apply and maintain a consistent artistic standard for the entire interface of a project and respect brand guidelines
- Make the functions, appearance and handling ease of the interface and prototypes by working in collaboration with game design and programming teams.
- Create models and other simple prototypes to consolidate the direction and design plans.
- Help establish current design priorities, shortcoming and find creative solutions.
- Create high-quality artistic game elements by relying on your expertise in standard software such as Photoshop, Illustrator, etc.
- Fix bugs logged by testing.
- Review and request components of UI via outsource vendors
- Implement, with assistance of engineers, outsourced components of UI/UX
The skills and experience you'll need…
- A track record of working on published AAA titles on consoles mobile or PC
- A deep understanding of UI / UX Design
- Typography and Motion Graphics skillset
- An eye for detail
- US pacific time zone required (margins of flexibility within 3-4 hours)
- Portfolio of work
- Strong Graphic Design abilities
- Ability to create and iterate on icons/gear/iconography for game items
- Expertise creating high-quality 2D art, concepts for UI/UX, wireframes and implementation into Unity with assistance/collaboration from engineering
- Solid art foundation background and an understanding of composition, perspective, proportion, scale, value, anatomy, lighting and colour theory
Bonus points if you have skills and experience with…
- Motion capture data and Motion Builder
- C++, Maya or Unity, VFX systems and particles
- Building UI framework for large MMO style game/platform
- Game art, versatility to create art outside main discipline
- Remote work on a full-time basis
Just some of the benefits of working with Gala include…
- Competitive Salary
- Flexible Working Hours
- Unlimited PTO
- Fully Remote and Location Independence
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance (US)
- Paid Parental Leave
- Professional Development Stipend
Interested in this role?
Then get in touch with Liam at email@example.com or contact us on +44 (0) 1709834777!