Senior UI Artist
Vertigo Games – Amsterdam, NL
Vertigo Studios are the largest VR developer in the world and part of the Embracer Group, the largest group of developers in the world.
As their Amsterdam studio kicks off development of its most ambitious project to date, a true multi-platform AAA VR action shooter based on a global franchise, they are looking to recruit an experienced UI Artist who can aid them in their mission.
As a Senior UI Artist within Vertigo Studios Amsterdam you are responsible for the aesthetics and behaviour of the UI in Vertigo's VR games and experiences. You will work closely with talented Game Designers, playing a vital role in the UX design, ensuring the user is presented with a visually beautiful and easy-to-understand experience.
Are you ready for the challenges of UI in VR?
Can you think spatially and innovate in UX design?
As a Senior UI Artist you will…
- Define the visual UI style and behavior and document this in a style guide
- Iterate and validate your designs through functional mock-ups
- Ensure a solid UX design and flow through a structured way of thinking
- Create and animate 2D and 3D UI assets and implement these in the game engine
- Safeguard an optimal end user experience
For this role, you'll need…
- 3+ years as a UI artist in the game industry
- Expert understanding of UI design principles like priority, weight, form, color etc.
- Experience in 2D and 3D content creation for UIs (Photoshop and Maya preferred)
- Experience with implementing UI content in Unreal Engine 4 or Unity
- Good understanding of Unreal Blueprinting for rapid prototyping and validating designs
- Great affinity with the UI/UX field, with working knowledge of Adobe XD
- A user-centered approach to ensure clarity and readability in designs
Bonus points if you have skills and experience in…
- Experience with spatial UI/UX design
- A passion for emerging technologies like VR, AR and MR
- 3D modeling and/or animation background
- Concept art skills
- Passionate about games with an ability to analyze competitive products for their strengths and weaknesses
Just some of the benefits of working with Vertigo Studios include…
- A company culture that values a healthy work-life balance
- Flexible working hours
- 26 Standard vacation days with an option to buy 5 more
- A healthy lunch in our canteen (when working from the office)
- 30% Income tax reduction for eligible expats
- Relocation cost compensation depending on your situation
- Free pension plan
- Free train commuting when living outside of Amsterdam
- Group activities and an annual VR game jam (also whilst working from home)
- Friday afternoon drinks (online)
- The latest VR hardware and titles which you can borrow and take home
- Whilst working from home you will be provided with all the relevant hardware, budget for desk and chair and a contribution toward your energy costs
Interested in hearing more?
Email email@example.com or call +44 (0)1709 834 777