Senior Tools Programmer
Codemasters – Birmingham, United Kingdom
Codemasters are looking for a Senior Tools Programmer to join the team and help continue to push the boundaries on what is possible and deliver the genuine AAA racing experience to the masses.
Codemasters have been making iconic games for over 30 years and in that time, have become the world’s leading developer of AAA racing games such as DiRT and Grid as well as being the official home of the Formula One franchise. What they create aren’t just games, they are industry leading simulations and having recently joined the EA family, they are only going to get better and better.
Working on the fastest racing game experience in the world, their Birmingham studio is home to the award-winning official FORMULA 1™ videogame series.
You will apply your extensive experience to design, implement and document code to the required standards, agreeing timescales with the team and testing your work and fixing bugs. You will be a coach and mentor for staff, being a great example of good engineering practices.
The skills and experience you'll need…
- A solid understanding of C# and scripting languages (e.g Python, Perl, Powershell)
- Knowledge of GUI Toolkits (e.g WPF, Qt, WxWidgets)
- Expertise in development on console and PC platforms including debugging and profiling
- Credits on 2 full game projects
- Proficiency in at least one major high-level language, including C++
- Computer architecture comprehension
Bonus points if you have…
- Experience in Process Automation
- Knowledge of Continuous Build Systems
Just some of the benefits Codemasters offer include…
- Flexible working hours designed to fit around your life
- Annual bonus scheme, private health and dental plans, employee discounted share scheme, new console allowance and much more!
- Dedicated training time for self-improvement
- 10 free games per year
- State of the art working environment
- Incredible peer community of top-flight programmers in the games industry
If you are interested in hearing more about this role or would like to apply, contact Paul at Aardvark Swift at 01709 834777 or email email@example.com