Senior to Lead System Designer
Supermassive Games – Guildford, UK
Supermassive Games are looking for a talented Senior to Lead System Designer to join them in working on an exciting unannounced secret project!
If you’re a passionate Designer, experienced Lead, an Unreal expert, and someone obsessive about designing and building amazing game experiences, this might be the role for you!
This position is based at their studio in Guildford and is available as a permanent role.
As a Senior/Lead Systems Designer, you will…
- Lead a small team of Designers to create a world with compelling moment-to-moment exploration, exciting and rewarding combat scenarios, entrancing environment puzzles and progression blockers, and powerful cinematic storytelling
- Work closely with Combat, Level, and Narrative designers to create game systems that compliment and enhance the narrative, resulting in compelling core game mechanics and an exciting game-flow
- Collaborate closely with other department Leads and Directors to help produce a cohesive vision and bring a unique world to life with high-end visual and audio FX, captivating level layouts, beautiful world art and engaging gameplay systems
For this role, you'll need…
- At least 4 years AAA industry experience
- At least 1 published title as Senior/Lead Designer
- Experience using the Unreal engine in a professional capacity
- A background managing small teams
Bonus points if you have…
- Expertise with 3rd person-based system design for action and encounter based gameplay
- Experience with conceptualising and defining compelling game systems, then bringing those systems to quality realisation through prototyping and development
- A background with managing and mentoring design staff of various skillsets and seniority
- A love for 3rd person games and experiences
Just some of the benefits of working with Supermassive include…
- Making big games with small teams in which you will play a full and active role
- Challenging and rewarding projects as standard
- 25 days annual leave
- Pension and life assurance
- Quarterly profit-related bonus scheme for all staff
- Social events
- Constantly improving tools and workflow so you can focus on creativity
- Fast decision-making allowing good ideas to flourish
- Supportive, inclusive and friendly team culture
- Work-life balance
- Ultimately, you’ll work on the cutting edge – making innovative and immersive games!
Interested? Want to know more?
Get in touch with Lawrie on +44 (0) 1709834777 or email firstname.lastname@example.org now!