Senior Technical Designer (Remote Options)
Firesprite – Liverpool, UK
Are you a talented Senior Technical Designer who is looking for your next challenge? Are Sci-Fi and MMO games a passion of yours? If so, we might just have the role for you!
At this exciting Liverpool-based studio, your responsibilities will include leading a talented team in crafting and delivering unique experiences in an existing Sci-Fi world.
You will look for areas in the lore of the game to turn into exciting multiplayer arenas and modes. There is also the opportunity to help shape and add to the lore of the game as new scenarios are created.
The team is already established, and you will be joining them at an amazing time as they set the direction for further content delivery.
Your day-to-day will involve…
- Learning about the wider game and finding opportunities to enhance it
- Lead and inspire the team to develop exciting scenarios
- Delve into the technical side of the engine and levels
- Present your designs to the team and clients
- Review the work of the junior staff and mentor them
- Help plan content for future updates
- Be a hands-on in-editor developer whilst juggling leadership responsibilities
The skills and XP you'll bring to the role include…
- The ability to deliver high quality work on time and without direct supervision
- Exceptional creativity and level design skills
- Experience in systems design
- Pro-active communicator with the wider team
- A strong foundation in at least one industry standard engine, with a passion for learning others
- Knowledge of Agile development
- White boxing skills in Maya / 3DS Max
- Good knowledge of industry standard packages (MS Office, Hansoft/Jira, Perforce etc).
- Able to clearly demonstrate previous game design and system design work
- Experience in a range of design roles
If you believe you have the right skills and experience for a role on an exciting new project, get in touch!
Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call +44 (0)1709 834777.