Senior Technical Artist (Remote Options)
Dovetail Games – Chatham, UK
Dovetail Games are looking for an experienced Senior Technical Artist to work within a passionate team to support engineers and artists, and help drive the company in new directions in visuals and procedural creation.
Dovetail are passionate about empowering our people to build beautiful worlds, craft breath-taking games and do the best work of their career to deliver their vision: “By Enthusiasts, For Enthusiasts”.
Their studio is situated in a river-front building in the heart of the historic dockyard in Chatham, Kent, UK. Dovetail are growing fast, developing games using cutting-edge technology and delivering these on multiple platforms: PC, PlayStation 4 and 5 and Xbox One and Series S/X
Your role and responsibilities will include…
- Developing, implementing and maintaining efficient workflows, tools and pipelines for the art team
- Producing tools to assist asset optimization and ensuring assets conform to technical requirements
- Reviewing current and emerging technologies and technical developments for inclusion in Dovetail's games
- Sharing best practices, bridging the communication between art and programming departments
The skills and experience you'll need…
- A strong technical proficiency in Unreal, including materials and Blueprints
- Excellent understanding of Physically Based Rendering (PBR) art pipelines
- Practical skillset with profiling and optimisation, and establishing platform standards
- A drive to improve quality across Dovetail's products
- A true passion for games and a willingness to learn and develop
- Good documentation abilities
- Expertise with Python
- Practical knowledge of 3D packages such as Maya, Houdini, 3DsMax, and Zbrush
Dovetail allow their people to be based where they do their best work, and offer complete flexibility on in studio or remote working options!
If you'd like to learn more information about this excellent role, or the studio in question, get in touch with us!
Call +44 (0)1709 834777 or email email@example.com