Senior Technical Artist (Remote)
XR Games – Leeds, United Kingdom
XR Games are on the lookout for a Senior Technical Artist to join their team remotely from anywhere in the UK! They're are an award-winning game development studio specialising in full-scale immersive AR and VR content, as well as work-for-hire development. Led by a team with big game experience at studios like Rockstar, EA, Codemasters, Sumo, Team 17 and Dubit, they've created games for some of the world's biggest brands, including Sony Pictures, Rovio, Dreamworks, BBC and LEGO.
In this role, you will be working closely with the Art Director, Head of Development and other artists to realise projects’ artistic ambitions. Candidates for this role must demonstrate a passion for the gaming industry and have outstanding Art and Technical Art credentials.
Your role and responsibilities will include…
- Creating 3D assets at the highest level
- Taking a leading role on Technical aspects of Game Art creation and implementation
- Ensuring that all projects are using an efficient scalable CG pipeline
- Evaluating and work to improve existing workflows and pipelines
- Pro-actively identifying and help solve problems at every stage of development
The skills and experience you'll need…
- A high level of proficiency in industry standard 3D modelling and texturing packages – eg Maya, 3DS Max, Zbrush, Substance Designer/Painter
- Expertise in scripting for art production : MEL, Maxscript etc
- A familiarity in shader authoring and optimization.
- A specialisation in Unity, and experience of other engines such as UE4 etc
- An excellent comprehension of 3D art trends and technologies
- Professional development in the industry with at least one full development cycle, from pre-production to shipping
Bonus points if you have…
Experience with Unity SRPs
Development background in VR/AR
You'll also need…
- A passion for the gaming industry
- Excellent interpersonal and relationship management skills
- Profound written and verbal communications abilities
- High energy and a desire to achieve
To set up a confidential conversation about this role, or to find out more about the studio please click on the link or get in touch!
Email email@example.com or call +44 (0)1709 834777.