Senior Technical Artis
Ubisoft Reflections – Newcastle, UK
This is your chance to work with an industry-leading and innovative studio who have a successful track record of producing critically acclaimed AAA games!
The studio has collaborated with creative teams from across the Ubisoft family, contributing to the creation of some of the industry’s most acclaimed AAA games. Their most recent work can be found in Watch Dogs Legion, Tom Clancy’s The Division, Assassins Creed Syndicate, Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon Wildlands, as well as ground-breaking in-house projects, such as the award-winning Grow Home and Grow Up series.
As Ubisoft's new Senior Technical Artist, you will leverage knowledge of multiple disciplines within technical art to develop, document, and support the game art pipelines.
Your day-to-day will include tasks such as:
- Stay up to date on trends and methodologies in current and future graphics software/hardware
- Early planning of tools and processes
- Participate in the development of technology road maps for the specific needs of the project
- Maintain a balance between the creative vision of the projects and the technical budget restraints
- Be aware of potential risks to the project and bring it to the attention of management
- Identify and develop art production processes and technologies that meet artists’ needs for creating high-quality art with limited resources
- Set and share best practices within the group
- Be a reference for the team in relation to technical art and find solutions to complex issues that arise
- Optimise content for memory and performance gains
- Efficiently communicate and support messages from management
- Assist in the development of training programs for artists as and when they are required
- Provide feedback and advise team members on the project
- Be involved in the development and rendering of artwork, models, animations, and textures as and when required
- Support the Technical Art Director in any ad hoc tasks and duties
Essential skills and XP required for this role:
- AAA games experience, with ideally one shipped title
- 5+ years experience in Technical Art or a similar field within a games studio
- Scripting skills
Would you like to learn more about this role?
Get in touch with us!
Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call +44 (0)1709 834777