Senior Technical Artist (Location Options)
Mediatonic – London, UK
***This role can be based in either Leamington Spa or London. Split Remote working with at least 2 days on site***
Mediatonic are searching for a Senior Technical Artist to join their team working on their smash hit Fall Guys and another as-of-yet unannounced console title. Short term this role is fully remote, however as you settle into the role you will be based in the studio for at least a few days each week – this can be at either their London or Leamington Spa locations.
As Mediatonic's new Senior Technical Artist you will…
- Collaborate closely with artists, technical artists and engineers, approving approaches and work split
- Assist artists with the creation of best-in-class 3D environments, rendering and visual effects within technical requirements
- Ensure techniques and implementations achieve optimal results for mobile and console, perform as intended and meet the projects engineering standards
- Profile, maintain and optimise rendering, pipelines, lighting and shading components of their projects
- Confirm art pipelines and asset sets are scalable and account for production and live ops constraints
- Liaise with the studio technical art and workflow tools team to ensure all projects are using a consistent, efficient, scalable CG pipeline
- Define standards and guidelines and support junior technical artists and the art team
- Provide status updates and reports to stakeholders both internally and externally
The skills and experience you'll need…
- Specialisation in Unity3D or other 3D game engines and art tooling, e.g. Maya, Zbrush, Blender
- An expertise creating shaders using Python, C# or C++
Bonus points if you have…
- A previous track record as a Technical Artist on multiplatform AAA games
Mediatonic are thriving in all aspects as a studio, with over 250 employees and multiple very popular titles across console and mobile; there's no better time to join the growing Tonic Games Group. Better yet, they are now part of the Epic Games family – offering great benefits including 48 days per year holiday and EPIC bonuses!
Want to learn more about this position? Get in touch with Dan for a confidential chat.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call +44 (0)1709 834777.