Senior Technical Artist (Hybrid Options)
Stellar Entertainment – Guildford, UK
Stellar Entertainment are looking for a Senior Technical Artist to work in close collaboration with Artists & Engineers in creating high end content by developing and maintaining art pipelines/workflows and tools. Ideally, you have experience developing and shipping console games in the Unreal Engine, environment terrain & assets, art tools development, vehicle rigs, LODs, procedural content generation and optimisation.
This is an exciting opportunity to get in at the start of an unannounced AAA arcade racing game.
As a Technical Artist, you will work with the art, design & engineering teams to…
- Develop and support workflows for efficient terrain generation using data and industry tools
- Create road tools designed for art & design iteration and integration with the landscape
- Support the Art Team with tools & scripting to optimise workflow iteration and innovate new ideas
- Carry out the rigging of props and vehicles, support animation and game play design requirements
- Work with graphics engineers to innovate and setup new shaders, lighting & vfx techniques as needed
- Set-up art asset standards and tools to monitor performance requirements, provide artists with feedback
- Stay up to date on current industry trends, tools and techniques
- Participate in creation of technology roadmaps and deliverables
- Optimise content for memory and performance while maintaining artistic quality
- Create & maintain of technical documentation, providing artist training as needed
For this role, you will need…
- At least 5 years experience as a Technical Artist in console game development, ideally Unreal Engine experience
- The ability to demonstrate experience in scripting pipeline tools, added experience with UE4 blueprints preferred
- Experience in rigging props and vehicles for animation, character rigging a plus
- Excellent knowledge of industry content tools including Maya and Photoshop. Experience working with Houdini, Blender, Substance is a plus.
- Good understanding of Python and one of the following languages: PyMel, MaxScript, C#. C++ is an advantage
- Relevant experience with PBR materials, HDR, shaders and lighting related tech
- To enjoy being proactive, providing ideas for solutions and interested in taking on new challenges
- Strong communications skills
- Be passionate about making games
Just some of the benefits of working with Stellar Entertainment include…
- International AAA game projects
- Access to cutting-edge hardware
- Employee Assistance Programme (mental health, financial and wellbeing advice)
- Flexible/hybrid working
- Great holiday benefits including Christmas Shutdown
- Discretionary bonus scheme
- Private Healthcare Plan including dental and optical support
- Pension Plan
- Life Assurance
- Regular Team Incentives and Social Events
Interested? Want to know more?
Get in touch with Liam at +44 (0)1709 834 777 email@example.com now!