Senior Technical Artist
Build a Rocket Boy – Edinburgh, UK
Build a Rocket Boy are the most exciting studio that you've never heard of! You could soon be a part of this growing team of industry veterans who are currently right at the beginning of a huge AAA project with a twist! This could be your chance to be part of gaming history.
This studio has huge plans, they already have a very experienced workforce, and a lot of backing too! This is only the beginning for them, and they have plenty more projects planned for the future.
As a Senior Technical Artist, you will be working alongside a talented art team, driving forwards cutting-edge visuals. You'll be providing technical guidance which defines the art workflow and pipelines.
You will be joining the studio in a key role, at a pivotal time, as they scale up to develop an ambitious and groundbreaking open-world game. The role brings the opportunity of making a significant personal contribution to a high-profile project.
Your day-to-day will include the following tasks:
- Working closely with the Art Director and Technical Director to define and maintain art workflows
- Clearly communicating and documenting art production pipelines
- Shader research and development
- Providing guidance to artists which encourages best working practices and strong asset organisation
- Proactively providing suggestions on how to utilise new technologies and tools
- Liaising with the engine team to troubleshoot issues and find solutions
- Providing clear guidance on technical performance constraints and helping define asset budgets
The skills and XP you'll need to succeed:
- Expert knowledge of game engines
- Knowledgeable about the technical constraints and challenges of game development
- Significant experience with 3D modelling tools such as 3ds Max, Maya, or ZBrush, in a video game environment
- Knowledge of scripting or coding languages such as Python or C++
Want to learn more about this opportunity? Get in touch!
Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call +44 (0)1709 834777