Senior Software Engineer (Devops)
This studio is the largest independent mobile developer in the UK, who share a passion for creating social games that users everywhere can enjoy! Based in the thriving game hub of Dundee, they create endless fun for players with lovingly crafted and innovative titles for mobile devices.
Are you an experienced and capable Senior Software Engineer who is looking to guide and support day-to-day operations? Your role will be to provide input into the implementation of future backend technology developments and support a team of highly skilled engineers. You'll be at the forefront and inspire them to deliver high quality results that can be scaled throughout the project.
You will help keep millions of players interacting daily, with a cloud-based Server Infrastructure. You will ensure systems are always reliably responsive and you will help to continually develop new features to improve and expand upon the needs of the business.
You'll need the following skills:
- Strong software engineering experience with emphasis on design patterns, algorithms and test-ability
- Development and familiarity with common API design patterns, such as REST or JSON API
- SQL and NoSQL database design, usage and tuning
- Implementation of caching technologies, such as Redis
- Experience designing, developing, deploying and monitoring on AWS
- Familiar with maintenance and administration of Linux servers
Bonus points if you're able to do the following:
- Design and implement micro-service architectures
- Usage of Docker and containers
- Familiar with software development methodologies, such as Agile or Scrum
Don’t live in Scotland? A bespoke relocation package covers every aspect of settling into a new country. With our help, you’ll be calling Scotland home in no time.
Interested in learning more? Get in touch!
Call me on +44(0)1709 834777 or email firstname.lastname@example.org