Senior Server Programmer (Remote Options)
Freejam Games – Portsmouth, United Kingdom
Freejam are searching for a Server Programmer with administration skills to join the growing team to build their new ambitious title Techblox.
Freejam are the developers of the hit online multiplayer game Robocraft; now embarking on the development of a new title, they need a programmer that has the ability to learn and adapt very quickly to requirements. The server team works with many different technologies in an agile environment and therefore a wide skill set is desired.
Your role and responsibilities will include…
- Designing the servers infrastructure of Techblox alongside the CTO and other members of the team
- Developing and maintaining high-performance restful services in .net/C# for Techblox
- The development, automation and maintenance of the infrastructure supporting services, including provisioning, deployment and management
- Creating tools that allow team members to manage the services and databases
- Supporting client-side integration efforts of online services
- Fully documenting the whole setup, best practices and tips on our confluence workspace
The skills and experience you'll need…
- A working knowledge of cloud-based infrastructure platforms such as AWS.
- Competency in MySQL or other relational DBs.
- At least 3 years of relevant experience in environments where performance and scalability are crucial
- An in-depth knowledge of C# and .NET framework
- A firm grasp of modular and scalable server infrastructure design
- Extensive experience with concurrent/async programming and c# Tasks library
Bonus points if you have…
- A comprehension of modern web technologies such as Redis and AWS Aurora
- A background in Windows and Linux server administration
- A familiarity of network security related issues and solutions
- Build/deployment system management (a.k.a. jenkins) experience
- Client-side competency
- A background in network programming
- Video game development
Freejam are a fully-independent team who shape their own destiny. Even as a small company, they’re able to offer enticing benefits including flexible working hours and an ambitious, ego-free and relaxing environment. Further perks include days, out/pub meet ups when possible, and legendary Christmas parties.
Interested in this role or other opportunities? Get in touch to find out more.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call +44 (0) 01709 834777.