Senior Rendering Programmer
Relic Entertainment – Vancouver, CA
Do you want to work on some of the biggest franchises in gaming? Relic Entertainment is a wholly owned studio of SEGA. They are an award-winning developer of genre-defining games like Homeworld, Dawn of War, Company of Heroes, and Age of Empires. They have delivered rich, thoughtful strategy games throughout their history and their vision is to continue making games that people love to play.
As a Senior Rendering Programmer you will…
- Shape the long-term technical roadmap for the game engine behind Age IV, Dawn of War and Company of Heroes
- Own the development and improvement of rendering technology and tools on their proprietary game engine
- Be the go-to development support person behind shader, lighting and FX integration Collaborate with artists and designers to ensure content fulfils their vision
- Share knowledge among the studio and nurture the development of junior programmers
For this role, you'll need…
- Programming experience using C++
- Shipped successful AAA titles on PC or console as a rendering programmer
- A computer Science or Engineering degree or equivalent work experience
- Experience with DirectX 11/12/Vulkan/LibGNM and HLSL
- Strong knowledge of 3D math and linear algebra
- A love for games
- A down to earth attitude
- Passion to evolve, grow, and lead
Bonus points if you have skills and experience in…
- A website or GitHub account with samples of your code
What is Relican?
They are well known as having a culture of kindness, transparency, and play. There is a lot of heart and passion at the studio – you will get to work on projects you can be proud of and join a team who work hard to be the best at what they do.
They are curious, strive for excellence, build on each other’s ideas, and celebrate each other’s great work. Relicans organize movie nights, game tournaments, life drawing, community and charity events, and more. Basically, they believe that good work starts with a community you’re excited to spend your day with, both in and out of the studio.
Relic benefits include an extended benefits package, RRSP/DPSP matching program (subject to eligibility requirements), local discounts to gyms and restaurants in the area, and regular studio and community events.
Interested in hearing more?
Email email@example.com or call +44 (0)1709 834 777