Senior Rendering Engineer (Remote)
EA Madrid – Madrid, Spain
***Remote role from any of the following countries: Spain, Romania, Sweden, Germany, United Kingdom***
I'm working with the renowned Electronic Arts to find a Senior Rendering Engineer for their Madrid studio.
As an EA Rendering Engineer you will play an essential role in the game creation process, with key involvement in architectural design, implementation, and debugging of rendering technology on multiple platforms. You'll collaborate with Designers, Artists and other Engineers to solve complex computer graphics problems.
You should expect to be working on implementing features that will involve numerous aspects of the graphics and visual domain.
You will be developing graphic and related rendering systems for the Madden Franchise, profile and optimisation of rendering, lighting and shading components of the game engine.
You will programme the core rendering tool, feature, and graphical engine components of game engine and work with designers, animators, artists and other engineers on the implementation of new rendering and animation features.
You can also expect to debugs and improve gameplay infrastructure, participate in code reviews and maintain high code quality standards throughout the development cycle.
The skills and experience you'll bring to the role…
- Degree in Computer Science or equivalent training and professional experience
- 5+ years C++ programming experience
- Background in Console programming (specifically memory and performance within a fixed resources system)
- Expertise with any of the following: shaders (HLSL, GLSL, CGFX), animation, skinning, lighting, special effects, particle systems, art pipelines, tool development and game engine architecture
- Experience with multithreading and object-oriented programming
- Understanding of memory management, multiple processor use, and runtime optimisation
- Debugging skills
- Knowledge of art related tools including Photoshop, 3DS Max, Maya, ZBrush
- Experience working with data driven systems
- Understanding of GPU and CPU architectures and how to optimise
- Knowledge of scripting languages (Python, Lua) and C#
- Previous experience with Perforce
EA Sports is one of the leading sports entertainment brands in the world, with top-selling game franchises, award-winning innovation, fan programs and cross-platform digital experiences dedicated to growing the love of sports. They' re famed for AAA titles such as FIFA, Madden NFL, NHL, NBA LIVE, and EA SPORTS UFC.
EA also provide a comprehensive benefit package that includes medical and life insurance, pension plan, meal vouchers, stocks programs, fitness reimbursement, flex benefit program…and of course, free games!
Interested? Contact me for a confidential chat about the role, studio and their culture.
Email email@example.com or call +44 (0)1709 834 777.