Senior Rendering Engineer
Los Angeles, US
First impressions count. What is one of the first things we all comment on when firing up the latest AAA game? The Graphics. Great graphics pull us in, they keep us engaged, and make us wave over the nearest person to “check this out." Why have good art if you can't show it off?
Unfortunately, I can’t reveal much more about this Los Angeles-based client, except that they're a global superpower in the world of video games. Like a lot of projects in the games industry, this role is steeped in mystery. I wish I could tell you more because the IPs that you'll be working on are amazing!
As this studio's new Senior Rendering Engineer, you will be responsible for pushing the limits of next gen features. You will be used to conquering shaders, happy to work with both CPU and GPU profilers, and ensure they stay optimised, giving the end product a polished feel.
Your experience with C++ and 3D maths will be of extreme importance to this project, as well as your ability to work closely with designers and animators.
The skills and XP you'll need to succeed:
- Experienced with C++
- An excellent awareness of creating AAA titles
- Able to tune existing code bases with minimal assistance
- Can understand and utilise multi-threading primitives
- Excellent 3D maths skills
- A history of having worked with Unreal Engine 4
Your day-to-day will involve the following tasks:
- You will ensure delivery of high-quality code and will optimise legacy code
- Prioritise, plan, and manage your own work and set yourself achievable targets
- Work closely with other programming disciplines and help to create a great product
- Help to mentor more junior members of the graphics programming team and communicate clearly with other team members with minimal external help
- On the odd occasion, you may also be required to assist other engineering teams
Interested in learning more about this role or the studio?
Get in touch with us!
Email email@example.com or call +44 (0)1709 834777