Senior Rendering Engineer
Vertigo Studios – Amsterdam, NL
Vertigo Studios (previously Force Field VR) are looking to recruit an experienced Senior Rendering Engineer to work on an exciting new title. They're one of the largest VR developers in the world and part of the Embracer Group. Their Amsterdam studio is on the brink of kicking off development on their most ambitious project to date, a true multi-platform AAA VR action shooter based on a global franchise.
You will be working in a multidisciplinary team to implement engaging engine features and rendering systems in Unreal Engine 4 to create visual splendour for ground-breaking VR games and experiences.
Your role and responsibilities will include…
- Undertaking larger engine changes and expansions and working closely together with the tech lead to make it fit the complete codebase
- Working closely with the artists to identify the visual requirements
- Collaboration with the core tech team so all projects can benefit from sharable technology
- Creating solid technical designs and efficient implementations of these engine systems and adjustments
- Ensure performance keeps running at a smooth 72+ FPS, even when rendering to both eyes.
- Adapt and expand upon the studio pipeline and coding standards, to create spectacular and immersive games and experiences
- Create new graphical features that enable our art team to create the highest visual standard for VR
- Analysing problems and debug them in order to quickly locate and fix challenging bugs
- Guiding and mentoring less-experienced programmers so they can quickly improve within the studio
The skills and experience you'll need…
- A solid background working on the low-level side of game engines to create special features, or functionality that can be used in games. Alternatively, you'll have experience setting up your own engine, including a rendering pipeline, and at a good optimisation level
- A comprehensive knowledge of rendering, shaders and match as well as C++, object orientation, design patterns, algorithms and data structures
- A track record writing a number of engine adjustments or engine parts in C++
- An in-depth understanding of all the basic concepts of C++, namely the object oriented approach, pointers and references, containers, inheritance, polymorphism, functions, structures, and visibility
- A firm grasp of more advanced concepts like smart pointer types, templates, multiple inheritance, and overloading
- Expertise in Unreal Engine 4
The type of person you'll need to be…
- Technical and collaborative
- Algorithmic and low-level focused
- Enthused at the potential of VR
- Eligible to work in the EU
Just some of the benefits of working with Vertigo Studios include…
- Flexible working hours
- 26 Standard vacation days with an option to buy 5 more
- Healthy lunches in their canteen
- 30% Income tax reduction for eligible expats
- Relocation cost compensation depending on your situation
- Free pension plan
- Free train commuting when living outside of Amsterdam
- Group activities and an annual VR game jam
- Friday afternoon drinks
- Whilst working from home we provide all the relevant hardware, budget for desk and chair and a contribution toward your energy costs
Curious to learn more?
Drop Phil an email or call to get the ball rolling!
Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call +44 (0)1709 834777