Senior Recruitment Consultant
South Yorkshire, UK
Uncapped OTE and international travel
Working on the programming desk, you will lead the team by demonstrating excellent skills across the 360-recruitment process. You'll be confident managing the recruitment cycle from candidate attraction to new business development. You will be a consistent billing member of the team whilst being an invaluable resource to the other programming consultants who you will mentor and coach along their journey with the business.
You'll facilitate them in generating ideas on how to work difficult vacancies – thinking outside of the box to attract candidates from other sourcing methods outside of the database and LinkedIn. You will be an expert using agency recruitment tools – CRM systems, LI Recruiter for head hunting activities and be a skilled networker who can build strong connections throughout the industry.
You will partner with a range of clients from exciting start up indie companies to thriving studios, and help them source experienced programming candidates across their business. You'll become a specialist within your market, working to nurture and grow a specialist network of both clients and candidates alongside your own brand.
You will drive the business forward and support the team in new business development activities to reach gaming companies across the globe, expanding our geographical reach and expansion into associated industries.
You'll be expected to take candidates through comprehensive interview preparation. Ensuring they are comfortable at each stage and they have a full understanding of the client culture and the process upfront. You'll need to make connections and see patterns that could help to build rapport on both sides.
You'll obtain interview feedback from both sides and follow this up in good time. Delivering this back with honesty and with the aim of improving both client and candidate experiences. Take on board what could be improved each time and feedback accordingly.
- Monitoring activity across the programming desk, setting weekly KPIs and quarterly objectives for your team
- Conduct weekly meetings with your team to help them plan their work
- Be a resource for your team to deal with difficult recruitment issues
- Work with the management team to develop business plans for the programming desk
- Develop a good understanding of the video games industry
- Advertising vacancies by writing engaging content to publish across our social media sites and industry specific job boards
- Manage the full end-to-end recruitment cycle from initial hiring manager briefing through to offer management
- Develop and implement sourcing strategies and channels to build relevant talent pools of candidates to ensure you have up to date market knowledge.
- Identify and attend relevant industry exhibitions both day and evening, in order to build unique 1-2-1 relationships with key stakeholders
- Understand client time pressures and respond accordingly
- Build strong client and candidate relationships to ensure long term buy in rather than a transactional connection
- Identify new business opportunities and manage existing accounts effectively.
- Constantly seek to add value to the clients business.
- Attract and identify candidates using the appropriate industry methods including social media, networking, head hunting and referrals
- Use CRM to find suitable candidates to match the clients vacancy specification
- Short list and screen candidates
- Engage candidates with the job role, discussing the vision and potential as well as salary and benefits
- Understand and meet agreed personal KPIs and targets
- Remaining GDPR compliant at all times in line with internal and government guidelines
Skills and experience you'll need:
- 5+ years experience in recruitment – agency preferred over internal
- Track record of being a "360" perms recruitment consultant within a niche market
- Capable with managing a team – minimum of one year
- Proven record of billings and able to hit the ground running
- Able to work autonomously, yet stay within the process framework
- Willingness to follow a well-honed recruitment process which is standardised throughout Aardvark Swift to ensure good practise throughout the business.
- You MUST have a sense of humour and love working in a unique, fun and team-driven environment
- Strong mentoring and coaching skills; you will be approachable and available for team support
- Skilled in verbal and written communication
- A planner, analyser and coordinator
- Leads by example- demonstrates best recruitment practise
- Understands urgency and has the desire to win
- Flexible by nature and able to meet the changing needs of the business
- Is constantly looking to develop their sales skills
- Outgoing and socially confident
- Adds to the sense of 'culture" within the business, regularly attends company functions (both in and out of work hours) to develop internal relationships
Are you interested in speaking about this role?
Get in touch!
Call +44 (0)1709 834777 or email firstname.lastname@example.org