Senior QA Tester
Steel City Interactive – Sheffield, UK
We are delighted to bring you another EXCLUSIVE role with Steel City Interactive, based in the heart of Sheffield.
This studio was founded back in 2019 by a core of experienced game developers. Having recently acquired funding, they are now ploughing ahead with their maiden title which is being developed across console and PC platforms.
In this role, you will be working alongside a game development company that is home to some of the industry's brightest talent! They develop a variety of video games, across a range of platforms, and are now looking for an experienced QA Tester to join their ranks.
You will be the first full-time QA Tester to join their tight-knit unit. As their first QA professional, you will be working closely with their Development Director to put a process in place, create test plans/strategies, and help build out a small on-site QA team.
Sheffield is conveniently placed in the 'lower north,' with great links to other cities such as Nottingham, Leeds, and Manchester (which are all reachable within 40-90 mins). It boasts one of the best average salaries to the cost of living ratio in the country. You also have the beautiful Peak District and North Yorkshire Moors within a comfortable distance.
Your day-to-day responsibilities will include the following tasks:
- Testing all aspects of the game
- Guiding junior members of the test team
- Creating test documentation and plans
- Developing bug reports and feeding back to the rest of the team
- Interacting with other departments, such as code or design
The skills and XP you'l need to succeed:
- Games QA experience, preferably testing console or PC titles
- Comfortable working closely with a development team, preferable on-site
- Confident with creating test plans and strategies
The following will earn you BONUS POINTS:
- Leadership experience and have previously taken ownership for testing a part of a game
- A proven history of developing junior members of staff
- Experience writing detailed bug reports
Does this sound exciting? Would you like to learn more?
Get in touch with us!
Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call +44 (0)1709 834777