Senior QA Engineer
NaturalMotion – London, UK
Do you want to lead the QA function on a huge Star Wars project, with a highly successful studio who blur the lines between console and mobile games?
NaturalMotion, part of the Zynga group, are at the forefront of pushing 'AAA' quality games for your pocket. Their multi-award-winning CSR Racing is currently number one in the world on the Apple App Store for racing games. They are now working closely with Disney and Lucasfilm on two huge Star Wars titles!
NaturalMotion and BossAlien work autonomously on their own projects, but have the backing of one of the biggest mobile game development companies in the world. NaturalMotion has also won GI.Biz's 'Best Places to Work' award for the past three years on the trot! We think you'll like working here.
Working with the QA Manager for ASG, you will be responsible for evaluating software products through the use of detailed tests to apply and maintain quality standards. You will also help to develop, modify, and execute software test plans, automating scripts, and programs for testing. You will also analyse and write test standards and procedures, maintaining documentation of test results to assist in debugging and modification of software. As the new Senior QA Engineer, you will analyse those results to ensure existing functionality works as expected, recommending any corrective action. You'll consult with development engineers in resolution of problems, and coordinate automation efforts with Zynga QA Ops.
Your day-to-day will include the following tasks:
- Develop and maintain test strategies, regression plans, cross-feature plans, and test cases (encompassing manual, non-functional, and automation)
- Build an outstanding track record in communicating complicated technical information in a clear and concise manner
- Coach and mentor more junior team members
- Understand how software architecture influences the amount of testing needed, including optimising tests that utilise the same code paths
- Maintain and update FAQs and team wikis, including information on team's process, tools, and scripts
The skills and XP you'll need to succeed:
- Experience with one or more languages, such as Java, C, C++, C#, Python, PHP, and familiarity with compiler/build environments
- Strong Experience with automation tools like Selenium, Appium, Cucumber/Gherkin, or other industry-standard tools
- Extensive experience in a similar position, for software or games
The following will earn you BONUS POINTS:
- Game engine experience
Does this sound exciting?
Want to learn more?
Get in touch with us!
Email email@example.com or call +44 (0)1709 834777