Senior QA Automation Engineer (Backend)
Wooga – Berlin, DE (Remote)
Wooga are one of the most successful story-driven casual game developers around, with the majority of their games reaching over a million active daily users just a few weeks after release. They are also the studio behind Bubble Island, one of the most played social games ever!
It is an especially exciting time to be joining Wooga as they have just created a dedicated QA division to champion software quality, in order to both free up the production and engineering teams and accelerate the modernisation of automation.
They were recently rated in the top 1 % of the best companies to work for in Germany, which is no small feat, and they benefit from being part of the massive Playtika group. Their drive toward creating an environment of inclusiveness and providing people with a real sense of belonging (thanks in part to their relocation support), has resulted in them having grown to over 300 employees from 50 different countries in the past few years.
Reporting to the Head of QA Engineering, you will be embedded within the Backend Engineering team that is responsible for the shared game backend platform used by all Wooga games. Additionally, you will work on cross team projects with the rest of the QA discipline to share knowledge, define best practices, and implement frameworks to continually improve the quality of their products.
Your day-to-day will involve and include the following:
- Implementing the QA automation strategy through increased automation test coverage, and continually improving the software quality of their games
- Extending end-to-end and integration testing for their backend APIs
- Defining test strategies for complex features as well as performance and regression testing
- Participating in code reviews in the full development cycle
- Advocating for automated testing and overall software quality, collaborating closely with development teams and their parent company's QA automation competence centre
The skills and XP you'll need to succeed:
- 4+ years experience as a QA Automation Engineer (or similar role)
- A proven track record with automated end-to-end testing of complex backend systems
- Strong coding skills and years of experience in multiple programming or scripting languages
- Experience with testing in a microservice environment and integrating into CI pipelines
- Familiarity with several backend test automation frameworks and tools
- Confident with functional programming and the Elixir ecosystem (ExUnit, Phoenix, Ecto)
- Passionate about games and have a demonstrable understanding of the mobile game industry and gaming trends
- Experience with CI pipelines, driven by TeamCity and Docker, would be beneficial
You'll receive some of the following perks and benefits:
- Generous relocation package and home search support
- Significant education budget and extra days off for self-development
- Quarterly bonuses
- German language classes for you and your significant other
- and MANY MORE…
If you'd like to hear more about this role or this studio, please get in touch!
Email email@example.com or call +44 (0)1709 834777