nDreams – Farnborough, UK
Just one look at Phantom: Covert Ops and you will know why nDreams is one of the top VR game development studios around!
Since 2013, they have been dedicated to interactive VR and boast one of the most experienced studios in the world in this space.
They are about to embark on a new, unannounced project to develop a much anticipated AAA VR game, making this an excellent time to join them.
They are looking for a talented Senior Programmer to join them to help build innovative game experiences and robust code systems. Focusing exclusively on VR platforms, they are at the frontier of new hardware and innovative methods of implementation.
Your day-to-day will include the following:
- Writing stable, readable, and modular C++ code that makes best use of Unreal Engine
- Working closely with the design department to ideate, plan, implement, and balance gameplay features and player-facing mechanics
- Building flexible and robust systems and tools that empower the art and design teams to create and balance the game
- Communicating technical designs for game features to code and design leads
- Helping QA to understand game systems and their properties so they can test and verify work accurately
- Collaborating with production to estimate timescales for feature implementation and issue resolution
- Profiling and optimising code and systems
- Taking ownership of key features, ensuring a stable codebase and great player experience
The skills and XP you'll need to succeed:
- Professional knowledge of C++ programming using Unreal
- An ability to write readable, robust, and performant code utilising design patterns and software engineering
- Thorough knowledge and proficient application of 3D maths, rendering algorithms, and data structures
- Performance-minded development and optimisation skills
- The ability to combine smoothing and hysteresis with visual, audio, and haptic feedback to create convincing and fun interactions
- Experience working professionally with Unreal Engine 4
The following will earn you BONUS POINTS:
- Experience working on a multiplayer game and has working knowledge of best practices during development
- A history of producing virtual reality apps for mobile, console or PC
You'll receive the following in return:
- Flexible core hours with a hybrid office / remote working situation (all remote for now)
- Share options
- 22 days holiday (increasing yearly up to 25)
- Your birthday off
- Monthly socials (including Breakfast Butty Monday and Free Drink Friday)
- Great facilities with a cycle station, showers, and more all on-site
Interested in learning more about this?
Get in touch for a confidential chat!
Email email@example.com or call +44 (0)1709 834777