Senior Producer (Remote Options)
Blackbird Interactive – Vancouver, CA
Blackbird Interactive is seeking a Senior Producer to oversee delivery for a large IP. You will work with talented internal and external teams, help identify their needs, and move them from full production into release and post-launch.
Blackbird Interactive is a creative-fuelled, future-driven, independent game studio where the best talent in the industry can find long-term careers to help grow their abilities while working on a wide range of projects, which encompass world-class IPs as well as our own creations across multiple genres.
In 2022, they announced that their studio is implementing a four-day work week as well as supporting in-studio, remote, and hybrid work arrangements as permanent options to their employees.
Do you love it when a plan comes together? Are you able to look at a problem and identify the steps that are necessary to understanding and resolving that problem? Are you an expert at cross-platform game development through the entire production cycle? Do you love rallying and motivating a team towards shared goals to build a great game?
As a Senior Producer, you will…
- Oversee one or more cross-discipline feature teams
- Establish and maintain the product roadmap, the team’s scope, and capacity on a daily basis
- Manage resource requirements, establish dependencies and balance priorities.
- Partner with Senior Product Owners to establish feature goals and deliver features on time
- Partner with a technical and creative leadership team to ensure project vision, deliverables and goals are met
- Establish and manage relationships and processes with key stakeholders, publisher and external partners
- Mentor, coach and support producers and other team members
- Manage direct reports and support career growth
- Establish and Maintain regular communication channels with other feature teams and coordinate dependencies with stakeholders
- Manage scope and quality, proactively assess and mitigate risk
For this role, you will need…
- Minimum of 8 years experience in a producer/project manager capacity
- Strong understanding of game development cycle from pre-production to release
- Experience working directly with external and publisher stakeholders
- Passion and enthusiasm for games and game development
- Experience in various project management methodologies such as Waterfall and Agile
- Effective communication skills across all levels and disciplines
- Ability to work in a fast-paced dynamic and collaborative team environment
- Excellent verbal and written skills
Bonus points if you have…
- University degree or equivalent professional experience
- Experience in cross-platform development environments
- At least 2 shipped AAA game projects
- Experience with AzureDevOps, Hansoft, JIRA, or other project management software tools
- Lean/Agile certifications
Just some of the benefits of working with Blackbird interactive include…
- 4-day, 32-hour work week for all full-time staff
- Mentorship program
- Skunkworks internal game jam program
- 4 weeks paid vacation per year
- 11 paid stat holidays
- 3 paid days per year for professional development
- December holiday studio closure (extra paid time off!)
- Comprehensive health/dental benefits from day 1
- Life insurance
- $300 Healthcare Spending Account per annum
- RRSP matching up to $1500
- Profit-sharing bonus program
Get in touch with Connor Green on +44 (0)1709 834 777 or email firstname.lastname@example.org now!