Sumo Nottingham (Hybrid options)
Sumo Nottingham have an exciting opportunity for an experienced and talented Senior Producer to take up this key position on an undisclosed project. Reporting to the Development Director, the Senior Producer will have responsibility for the delivery of the project to time and on budget, and within quality expectations of Sumo and the client. This person can be based in-studio or operate in a remote hybrid model.
Sumo develop action and racing games for console and PC, bringing character and innovation to everything they do. They are working on multiple AAA projects with some of the biggest names in the industry, including some very well-loved franchises.
Your role and responsibilities will include…
- Managing the schedules of multiple departments within the game team, to ensure that milestones are agreed, detailed and delivered as expected
- Creating milestone content and realistic production schedules in coordination with team leads and management
- Monitoring the project budget, identifying resource requirements and expectations, tracking actual project spend versus planned spend and continuously updating projections
- Coordinating change; ensuring project scope is adhered to, controlling feature creep, ensuring project is delivered in accordance with expectations, and project budget changes if necessary
- Identifying and resolve conflicts between schedule, budget and design goals
- Continuously assessing risk and keeping scope of the project in line with budget and schedule
- Day to day communication of matters regarding schedule, budget, change and risk with the client and Development Director and making recommendations accordingly, as well as liaison with the Internal senior management team
- Ensuring that each member of the team is working from a tracked schedule and has a strong sense of ownership, responsibility and accountability for the quality and timeliness of their contribution
- Upholding excellent communication, positive working relationships and teamwork within the development team and across disciplines
- Coaching and mentoring junior production staff
- Keeping abreast of current trends in the marketplace especially with regard to similar and/or competitive product
- Being a key leader/contributor to the development team
The skills and experience you'll need…
- 5 years’ professional development in production roles
- Credits on at least 1 console title where you were part of the project from concept through to release
- High-level, creative problem solving skillset
- Stakeholder management background
Just some of the benefits of working with Sumo Digital include…
- Annual bonus
- Electric car scheme
- Share incentive plan
- Competitive pension
- Flexible working
- 27 days holiday, including your birthday and duvet day
- 5 learning days
- Competitive maternity / paternity and adoption leave
- Relocation support to the UK and Visa sponsorship
Sumo Nottingham are a studio with a friendly, fun vibe, committed to maintaining a family feel culture with strong team relationships both inside and outside of work. The team genuinely care about each other and support each other through our successes and failures, through good times and bad.
They also take huge pride in their inclusive working environment and in making all teams happy and comfortable at work. Everybody in the Nottingham family has a voice and all ideas are encouraged and listened to.
Interested? Want to know more?
Get in touch now!
email firstname.lastname@example.org or call +441709834777