Senior Player Programmer (Fully Remote or London)
Rocksteady – London, UK
***Fully Remote Options***
As the Senior Player Programmer at Rocksteady you will be working on their upcoming next gen, multi-player AAA title, Suicide Squad: Kill the Justice League, due for release in 2022.
Based within the Player Team, you will be responsible for delivering a range of gameplay features including character traversal mechanics, camera, and controls with significant responsibility over design of these features as well as code architecture.
You will be working closely with designers, producers, animators and artists to drive features through all stages of production, your responsibilities will include…
- Implementing features to a high quality, in a network friendly manner, providing tools, documentation and support including automated tests and low-level debugging
- Participating in the creation of both fast iteration but also maintainable, well-structured high-quality code
- Anticipate and identify requirements for technical and workflow issues, maintaining a solution-oriented mindset
The skills and experience you'll bring to the role…
- Advanced understanding of C++
- Solid knowledge of game technology principles
- Strong understanding of 3D maths
- Demonstrable video game design skills
- Experience of player character control, traversal and camera mechanics
- Excellent communication skills
- Enthusiasm for cross team collaboration
Part of Warner Bros. Entertainment, Rocksteady Studios are the developer of behind the award-winning Batman: Arkham series. They are a one-project studio that built their success by combining genre-defining gameplay and character-driven cinematic narrative with AAA production values.
Their studio is based in London, but they are now offering the option to work fully remotely (within the UK) for anyone who chooses to do so.
Rocksteady will provide Visa support to anyone from outside the UK who wishes to relocate for the role and they also offer a host of perks and benefits including an annual bonus scheme which can be multiplied, private medical and dental care and a cycle to work scheme.
If you're interested and would like to know more about the role or studio please contact Phil at Aardvark Swift on +44 (0)1709834777 or by email firstname.lastname@example.org