Senior Network Programmer
Unbroken Studios – Los Angeles, US
Can I tempt you with the opportunity to work with a team of 60+ veteran video game developers that have worked on some of the biggest titles of the last twenty years? Their back catalogue includes blockbuster franchises such as Battlefield, Call of Duty, Medal of Honor, and God of War…what will you bring to the table?
This studio offers you the chance to create games across every platform for some of the biggest publishers in the world.
At the time of writing, the studio is working remotely to protect the team members and their families, but it hopefully won't be too long before you're moving into a fantastic and modern studio. Until it is possible to safely move back into the office, you will help the team keep their momentum though the challenges this year has brought. The studio itself prides itself on a work hard, play hard mentality, with BBQs and movie nights throughout the year!
As the new Senior Gameplay Programmer, you will be responsible for designing and maintaining refactor game systems that are robust, efficient, extendable, and scalable. You'll need to meet all design, technical, and schedule targets, as well as being familiar with the challenges that producing a AAA title will bring. Having the confidence to effectively navigate these challenges will be key!
As well as optimising key algorithms to achieve performance goals across multiple hardware platforms, you'll need the following skills and XP:
- Advanced knowledge in C/C++
- Strong understanding of networking principles
- Familiarly with the full network stack, from low UDP to simple REST services
- Incorporating third party systems to fulfil game requirements
- Willingness to contribute to all network layers on both server and client side
- Understanding of anti-cheat solutions
- Unreal Engine 4 experience would be a big advantage
- A passion for playing and developing exceptional games.
- Able to be a positive, active, and contributing team member.
- Can work independently, as well as being capable of prioritising and handling pressure
Interested in joining this exciting and expanding team?
Get in touch now with a copy of your latest CV!
Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call me on +44(0)1709 834777