Senior Mobile Programmer
Build a Rocket Boy – Edinburgh, UK
Can you see yourself working on one of the most mysterious projects in gaming in one the most eye catching cities in the UK? From their minimalist website, to the numerous rumours surrounding the project, this new studio, founded by true industry pioneers, has got the gaming community’s heart beating.
As a Senior Mobile Programmer, you will report to senior management within the team, whether that be the lead or Director. You will be responsible for designing and porting large scale game and engine sub-systems to mobile platforms, with minimal guidance. You'll also be providing technical support and mentoring to more junior members of the team. You will also be expected to be proactive in dealing with other disciplines to resolve problems quickly, turning them into flexible reusable solutions. As well as solving challenging new technical problems, you will have an excellent understanding of best-practices and standard techniques of C++ game development on at least one major mobile platform. You will also be sure to keep up-to-date on innovations within the industry.
Your day-to-day will involve tasks such as:
- Deliver high quality and high-performance game and engine sub-system features on mobile platforms using appropriate levels of abstraction, data structures, and algorithms
- Support other teams in the use of mobile platform specific features, collaborating closely to deliver features to mobile platforms at the expected quality and performance
- Identify and debug technical problems quickly and efficiently
- Help define the technical direction of projects and develop innovative solutions for difficult engineering problems
- Help educate and support other teams to correctly and efficiently develop for mobile platforms
- Use appropriate data structures and algorithms to maximise efficiency (for both development time/runtime performance and memory usage)
The skills and XP you'll need to succeed:
- You will have excellent knowledge of C++ game programming on at least one mobile platform
- You will have an understanding of the performance trade-offs in your expert area
- Strong understanding of multi-threading, paired with strong practical experience using MT in game engine
- Able to plan the work to build bigger chunks, including external dependencies with minimal input
- Video game programming experience within mobile programming, having shipped at least one high quality 3D mobile game in C++
Interested in learning more about this role or this studio?
Get in touch with us!
Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call +44 (0)1709 834777