Senior LUA Gameplay Programmer (Remote Options)
Uplift Games – London, UK
Aardvark Swift are delighted to be supporting n their search for a Senior Gameplay programmer to work on their incredibly successful title Adopt Me; the most commercially successful studio developing within Roblox!
As a senior member of their engineering team, you will engineer and lead complex projects, help define engineering standards, and mentor others. Experience with Roblox isn't necessary and they would be enthused to speak to people with experience on different platforms.
Your role and responsibilities will include…
- Writing excellent quality Lua code
- Reducing technical debt and define best practices
- Project managing complex initiatives spanning multiple peers and teams
- Leading from start to finish, including assessing risk, setting goals, following up with collaborators, and ensuring timely delivery
- Being a team player, including mentoring teammates, leading code reviews, documenting features, fixing bugs, and cleaning up old code
- Implementing game behaviour that emphasises intuitive, responsive, and delightful UX
- Being creative. Brainstorm, design, and pitch gameplay updates
- Understanding the full game dev process, and flexibly filling gaps. For example, you will need to wireframe UIs, tweak particles, position/resize art assets, and more.
- Collaborating with your cross-disciplinary peers
- Communicating clearly and empathetically both synchronously and asynchronously
- Testing thoroughly, deploying to millions of players with minimal bugs
The skills and experience you'll need…
- 5+ years of professional development programming in the videogame industry
- Proficiency in Lua or a similar scripting language
- Credits on a complete title or shipped key features in a live service game
- An understanding of the human elements of software engineering: empathy, compassion, and patience.
- Demonstrable curiosity for learning new tools, technologies, and ways of working.
- Comfortable with math, physics, and computer science theory.
- Creativity, a good eye for design.
- Strong work ethic. You take initiative and thrive, even with minimal guidance.
- Strong problem solving mentality
- Organisational and prioritisation mindset
- Great written and verbal communication in English
- Passion for playing and making games.
- You value diversity and want to work alongside talented people from marginalised groups.
For this role, we estimate the salary will be between £70-£80k or equivalent in local currency per year, based on your experience.
If this is a role you feel suitable and would like to hear more, email your up to date CV to email@example.com or call +44 (0)1709 834777