Senior/Lead Lighting Artist
Build a Rocket Boy – Edinburgh, UK
Always fancied waking up in Scotland's beautiful capital city? This is your chance to join a brand new studio in one of the most vibrant places in the UK.
Edinburgh has everything on offer, from its own castle and a zoo for a fun-filled family day out, to some of the best nightlife the Britain has to offer!
This may be a new studio, but it has been founded by industry veterans, with decades of experience between them. You will have ample opportunity to demonstrate your creative flair and build upon your existing management experience within this role. You'll also get to undertake personal development as you collaborate closely with the Art Director, guiding the creation of lighting on an ambitious open-world title.
As their new Senior/Lead Lighting Artist, you'll manage a talented team through an experienced approach to production. You'll be able to communicate effectively with expert hands-on experience with 3D packages. You will use your skills to encourage and drive the team to produce a wide range of exceptional characters.
You will be an expert in your field, who is up-to-date with all of the latest tools. You should be experienced and confident with leading and motiving teams to greatness. Organisation, strong communication, excellent soft skills, and a meticulous attention to detail will all be second nature to you after your 4+ years in the industry.
Your day-to-day will include the following tasks:
- Placing and adjusting light sources within the environments, considering the visual requirements and technical budget constraints
- Guiding the lighting team with best practices of production workflow
- Working alongside the art and programming teams to anticipate and solve technical challenges, as well as achieving AAA visual results
- Collaborating closely with the Art Director to implement the visual style and realising the visual goals for the project
The skills and XP needed to succeed:
- Experience on a AAA title as Lead / Senior
- At least 3+ years of experience as a lighting artist, or equivalent senior artist role, with one AAA title under your belt
- Solid understanding of lighting optimisation and memory budgets in game engines – Unreal Engine, Unity, Cry Engine, etc
- Experience with baked and dynamic lighting pipelines
- Solid understanding of fundamental photography principles as well as colour theory
If you'd like to know more about the position, or the studio, get in touch with us!
Call +44 (0)1709 834777 or email email@example.com