Senior Level Designer
Playground Games – Leamington Spa, United Kingdom
The critically acclaimed Playground Games are searching for a Senior Level Designer to join their team in Leamington Spa in the UK. In this role, you will head up the level design team on a AAA title, being responsible for quality and delivery of all track content within the game. You’ll be involved from the early prototyping phase during pre-production, through to the full production and polish phases at the end of the project.
You will be responsible for the day-to-day management of all level designers, organising their work, and ensuring milestones are met. Additionally, your role will demand close working relationships with the Lead Game Designer, Environment Art leads, Tools leads & Technical Art group, so an ability to communicate clearly and diplomatically is essential. You must be flexible, highly motivated and approachable.
The skills and experience you'll need to succeed…
- At least 5 years’ professional development in level design positions
- A track record in a Lead Level Design position on at least one published title on current-gen consoles
- Demonstrable quality in your previous work
- A background leading level design teams (preferable)
- Expertise with 3DS Max (desirable)
- Excellent communication abilities
- A working knowledge of, and a real passion for, the open-world RPG games
- A genuine passion for games
- Familiarity with blueprint would be beneficial
You'll need to be…
- A team player and to be passionate about gaming in spare time
- Going above and beyond when working as part of a team
This is an opportunity to join a highly experienced team at an early stage of development and help define the vision for a genre-leading game.
Interested to learn more?
Get in touch for a confidential chat about the role, studio, and culture.
Email email@example.com or call +44 (0)1709 834777.