Senior Level Artist
This is your chance to work on an exciting and action-packed co-op shooter. Can you create super realistic levels? Do you have experience of low poly, texturing, and high poly work? I want to speak to YOU!
This studio is looking for a skilled and experienced Senior Level Artist, who will be responsible for the creation of immersive worlds that realise their game’s vision. Does that sound like you?
Your technical and practical abilities should be well developed, and you’ll be able to grasp new concepts and programs quickly, as well as being confident enough to participate in R&D of new techniques to implement into the production pipeline.
As a Senior Level Artist, you’ll also have experience in the technical aspects of your craft, including materials, asset optimisation, and the creation of meshes with clean and functional topology. You should also be comfortable with communicating with technical departments as you will be working closely with the rest of the art team (and beyond).
You’ll of course be familiar with industry standard software packages such as 3DS Max or Maya, as well as having extensive experience with ZBrush. Your knowledge of levels will be well developed and you’ll already have a good level of understanding on best practices to suit animation and engine requirements.
Your day-to-day will include the following:
- Setting up and creating levels
- Composition and placement of assets realistically, but also in a gameplay focused way
- Represent art and support level design in the level creating process
- Environmental storytelling through placement of props, buildings, modules, as well as vegetation, materials, and textures
- Modeling, texturing, and implementation of in-game models
- Working with shaders and content setup
- Follow references, concepts, and art direction while also having the initiative to take the work further independently
- Identifying functional and technical aspects of real life assets
- Participate in design choices and communicate with peers, managers, and vendors
- Work closely with the team and mentor junior talent, ensuring that quality is consistent and cohesive
The skills and XP you'll need to succeed:
- At least 6+ years of experience working as a 3D artist within games
- Experience from working on at least 2+ released AAA games
- A great sense of scale, proportions, materials, colour, and light
- Fluent in English, with good communication skills, both verbally and in writing
- Great experience and knowledge working with shaders, pipeline, and PBR
- Knowledge and interest in architecture, city construction, as well as nature
- Knowledge of asset creation, in-game model, UV layout, LODs, and collision
- Great understanding of real-time graphics with proven experience in creating realistic looking in-game environments
- Well versed with Maya, Z-brush, and Photoshop
- Knowledge of working in Substance Designer and Painter
- Experience working with Unreal, Unity or similar game engine
- Basic knowledge of lighting
- Ability to work in a team, communicate well, and be proactive
- Good with time estimations, scope assessments, and prioritising within a team structure
- Structured and technical approach to work
- Great understanding in how to best integrate level design while still keeping a realistic look and layout
- Good understanding of lighting, positive and negative space, as well as other composition rules and guides
Interested in learning more?
Get in touch with us!
Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call +44 (0)1709 834777