Senior or Lead Rendering Programmer
Relic Entertainment Inc – Vancouver, CA
Relic Entertainment Inc are searching for a Senior or Lead Rendering Programmer to join their accomplished team in Vancouver, Canada.
Your role and responsibilities will include…
- Shaping the long-term technical roadmap for the game engine behind Age IV, Dawn of War and Company of Heroes
- Taking ownership of the development and improvement of rendering technology and tools on the proprietary game engine
- Being the go-to development support person behind shader, lighting and FX integration
- Collaborating with artists and designers to ensure content fulfils their vision
- Distributing knowledge among the studio and nurturing the development of junior programmers
The skills and experience you'll bring to the role…
- A mastery of C++
- A track record with the inclusion of shipped successful AAA titles on PC or console as a rendering programmer
- A computer Science or Engineering degree or equating professional experience
- A proficiency with DirectX 11/12/Vulkan/LibGNM and HLSL
- An in-depth comprehension of 3D math and linear algebra
- A legitimate passion for games
- A down-to-earth attitude
- A desire to evolve, grow, and lead
- ideally a website or github account with samples of your code
Some of the benefits of working with Relic include…
- extended benefits package
- RRSP/DPSP matching program (subject to eligibility)
- movie nights
- game tournaments
- life drawing
- community and charity events
- discounts to gyms and restaurants in the area
Relic have a culture of kindness, transparency, and play; there is a lot of heart and passion in their studio. They pride themselves on their curiosity, ambition, team-centric mentality, and of course their end-products.
Relic Entertainment is a part of the SEGA family, and are an award-winning developer of genre-defining games including Homeworld, Dawn of War, Company of Heroes, and Age of Empires. They have delivered rich, thoughtful strategy games throughout their history.
If you are interested in this role and would like to know more about either the role or studio please contact Paul at Aardvark Swift.
Email at email@example.com or call +44 (0)1709 834777