Senior Lead Artist
Ubisoft – Mainz, DE
The teams at Ubisoft Mainz are engineering some of Ubisoft’s biggest blockbusters. They are looking for an expert Lead Artist with aspirations of taking the next career step into a leadership role, joining their highly motivated and capable team to work on their phenomenal title: Beyond Good and Evil 2.
Operating out of the historic city of Mainz, in the heart of Germany, the studio develops games which push the limits of open world gaming. It has leant decades of expertise to AAA co-development projects over the years and now they want YOU to join them.
In the role of team Lead, you will be taking a more managerial mandate, setting expectations and objectives to aid both the career progression within the team and the development of the title. The game is a collaboration between many different teams spread throughout the organisation. You will be responsible for directing the efforts from these multiple teams across numerous Ubisoft sites. It is a highly procedural role, leading a motivated team of people who do not need micromanagement. They are a highly competitive group of people and one of the best functioning teams within the company.
Your day-to-day will involve the following tasks:
- Help establish, develop, and maintain the game's artistic style and visual quality
- Help build a successful and proactive team of artists by pushing the quality bar, ensuring seasoned artists mentor more junior staff with their first ever game
- Inspire and motivate the art team to achieve their best, driving artistic quality by example and successful teamwork, giving feedback and direction where needed
- Work closely with the art director, product owner, designers, and engineers to establish the production pipeline and best practices for the game
- Create and maintain the brand/art style guides and technical documentation
- Mentor artists along their career paths, setting challenges to encourage growth
- Assess and manage the career progression of all team members by helping with training and mentoring, providing continuous appraisals and feedback
- Take ownership of the milestone planning, day-to-day feedback communications, and final quality of deliverables from various external partners (outsourcing)
- Understand and work within project requirements and constraints
The skills and XP you'll need to succeed:
- Minimum 5+ years experience creating artwork for games with at least one shipped title as an Art Lead
- Excellent communication skills as a leader, collaborator, and mentor
- Incredible 2D and 3D skills, including 3D modeling, texturing, and lighting
- Proficient with industry tools like 3DS Max and Photoshop, with an ability to learn new tools
- Pro-active and collaborative work attitude toward achieving results under pressure
- Excellent organisational and interpersonal skills
- Fantastic communication skills as a leader, collaborator, and mentor, with a proactive approach to collaboration and feedback from others
- Never afraid to ask questions and to help teammates with answering their own
Interested in learning more?
Get in touch with us!
Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call +44 (0)1709 834777