Splash Damage – London, UK
Splash Damage are dedicated to crafting team-based multiplayer games that ignite friendships as much as they do healthy competition and teamwork.
They celebrated the launch of Gears Tactics earlier this year, and are currently developing Outcasters for Stadia along with several unannounced titles.
As an Unreal Engine focused studio, they're excited to be transitioning their teams to the latest in UE5 technology and they're looking for skilled and passionate developers to help them drive this. They're advocates for work-life balance and offer a comprehensive benefits package focused on the well-being of their staff and their families.
As a Graphics Programmer, you will be responsible for implementing and optimising rendering features for games on PC and consoles. Reporting to the Lead Core Tech Programmer, you will work with Splash Damage’s programming team on building and maintaining the rendering engine and contribute to the associated tools and pipelines. You will apply your knowledge of modern rendering techniques and ability to write and optimise shaders in order to implement cutting-edge graphics features and squeeze as much power out of the hardware as possible.
The skills and XP you'll need to succeed:
- Practical and demonstrable professional experience with graphics programming in a modern game engine, with at least one shipped game on a current-gen or next-gen console
- Experienced and proficient in C++ and shader languages
- Able to optimise and debug shader assembly code
- Experience with multi-processor architectures
- Strong math skills
- Ability to write clear, maintainable, and portable code
- Good verbal and written communication skills
The following will earn you BONUS POINTS:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or Maths related field
- Knowledge of Unreal Engine 4 at the engine level
- Experience with DirectX 12 and console proprietary API
- A historty of using computer shaders is a plus
- Experience with multi-threaded rendering
- Familiar with data-oriented design
- Knowledge of C#
- Experience working in small and focused teams
- Knowledge of technical documentation and testing
If you are interested in applying for this then get in touch!
Email email@example.com or call +44 (0)1709 834777