Senior Gameplay Programmer
CCP London – London, UK
Many studios will tell you that they want to push the envelope of gaming, but very few have been doing it since 1997!
CCP Games are ready to add another Senior Gameplay Engineer to their team in London. You will join them as they build an ambitious online shooter. CCP want to organically grow a small, tight-knit team, capable of delivering big ideas through experience and world-class tools. To join this elite squad, you will need to have experience developing significant gameplay features for multiplayer, action-oriented, combat games. Does this sound like you?
Reporting to the Lead Gameplay Engineer, you will be trusted to work on the bleeding edge of game development, creating the life and soul of CCP London's new game. Production and design will conceive the concepts, but it’ll be you responsibility to turn these into tangible things!
Your day-to-day will involve tasks such as:
- Direct input on the feature roadmap
- Identify any technical roadblocks and suggest solutions
- Take responsibility for the development of a range of significant gameplay features and game systems, primarily in Unreal Engine / C++
- Work closely with other programmers to find great technical solutions
- Collaborate with designers to flesh out features and create good gameplay feel
- Learn about state-of-the-art games systems and coding best practices on a continual basis
The skills and XP you'll need to succeed:
- Proven track record of developing significant gameplay features from concept to shipping in AAA PC/console teams
- An expert in the technical design and implementation of game systems such as traversal, AI, navigation, shooter combat, real-time networking, and anti-cheat technology
- A willingness and ability to design and implement major game systems with minimal supervision
- Significant professional experience with C++
- Good understanding of Unreal Engine
The studio will provide you the following in return:
- An opportunity to learn and grow within an international company
- A multicultural work environment that encourages growth, creativity, and innovation
- Free lunches, drinks, and snacks
- A family friendly work environment with flexible work hours
- Private medical and dental
- Annual transportation grant
- Annual sports grant
Want to learn more about this studio or this role?
Get in touch with us!
Email email@example.com or call +44 (0)1709 834777