Senior Gameplay Programmer
Liquid Swords – Stockholm, SE
Liquid Swords are on the lookout for a Senior Gameplay Programmer to join them in Sweden! They're focusing on one thing and one thing only and that is making unforgettable open-world action experiences. The studio has been created by heavyweights of the Scandinavian market; their aim is to create a studio with no creative boundaries providing an atmosphere that allows their team to realise their full creative ambitions.
In a compressed market they are offering the best programmers in their field an environment to fully realise their ambitions with no boundaries. they fully believe that in joining them you will be a part of creating video games history, working on the early concept of their next-generation, action packed, open-world experience.
This is a full-time position based out of Liquid Swords legendary HQ in Nacka, Sweden (10 minutes from the city of Stockholm) in a no-nonsense studio built by concrete and metal.
In the beginning, during the prototype phase, you will be involved in all code related questions and topics and be the expert when it comes to Gameplay programming. You will both help to find and evaluate what tech and tools will be best for the game, produce code within many different areas and help form the code department. At the end of the prototype and while going into the next phase you will get the opportunity to focus exclusively on gameplay, or, if you found a new area of interest, transition to that.
If you choose to stick with gameplay, just some of the things you will do include implementing code for gameplay and systems to support gameplay, and working closely with other coders and content creators to realise a high quality AAA game.
For this role, you'll need to be somebody with previous experience programming gameplay on AAA open world games. You'll have a track record working with a C++ based game engine; if you have experience from working in Unreal that is extra meritorious. You should already have a keen interest in games and gameplay and are probably a gamer yourself. You enjoy working in cross-functional teams with a lot of cooperation and are excited to take the step to join a startup and be part of building a brand new game and company!
Why join Liquid Swords?
- They're a senior startup, in the sense that all essentials like insurances, pensions and funding are in place. At the same time, you get to be involved in building both a company and a game from the ground up
- They focus on game development and game development only, not on numbers or securing investments.
- They develop AAA games with a small studio approach. They’re not planning to grow the company into a 200+ employee company, but to maintain it relatively small. Everyone is required to take on multiple roles and be entrepreneurs within their field of expertise
- Their core team members have a proven track-record of developing multi-million selling franchises
- Their focus is to develop mature intellectual properties for the adult player.
- They take risks where risks are worth taking
- All of their games are developed on the Unreal Engine.
For more info, call +44 (0)1709 834777 email email@example.com