Senior Gameplay Programmer (contract available)
Fancy applying your VR programming experience to some of the most exciting and cutting edge VR projects around?
As the Senior Gameplay Programmer you'll be delivering innovative, world class games at the frontier of new hardware and methods of implementation.
You will be building tactile, satisfying and responsive game systems, solving new problems every day and applying yourself to the studio’s goal of trailblazing fresh, creative and immersive uses of every discipline; all resulting in truly innovative games and experiences.
If your coding skills are maxed out and you can quick scope bugs with Mark Whalberg like precision then you're in with a great chance of landing this role.
This role is available as a permanent position or on contract for 3 – 6 months.
Your daily tasks will include:
- Building high quality, scalable features for new and exciting AAA-quality VR games
- Guiding features through full development cycle – starting with rapid prototyping & evolving through production development, iteration/balancing & bug fixing
- Exchanging ideas and technical plans with the design team
The experience you'll need is:
- The ability to make interactions & mechanics feel right
- Experience programming high quality features for published PC, console or mobile titles
- Experience authoring efficient & scalable code for games
- Thorough knowledge of 3D maths & data structures, along with performance-minded development & optimisation skills
- Advanced knowledge base of C++ programming, data structures, design patterns & software engineering
- Able to combine smoothing & hysteresis with visual, audio & haptic feedback to create convincing & fun interactions
Bonus points awarded if you have:
- Experience of VR development
- Experience of Unreal
Why else should you apply?
- A friendly, open, creative & diverse studio culture
- Freedom to explore your own ideas & put your own stamp on the titles you work on
- Nifty studio perks including flexible core hours, 20 days holiday (plus bank holidays) two duvet days & your birthday off, share options, regular friendly socials
- Upcoming titles that are bigger, better and different to anything the studio has worked on previously
This is an opportunity to get in on the ground floor that should not be missed!
Interested? Of course you are!
Get in touch with us: firstname.lastname@example.org
+44 (0)1709 8347770