Senior Gameplay Programmer
Gameloft Montreal – Montreal, CA
We are supporting Gameloft Montreal in their search for a programmer who specialises in game mechanics to join their team as a Senior Gameplay Programmer.
At Gameloft Montreal you will participate in the production of the studio's new multiplatform game for PC and console.
Gameloft creates games for all platforms with two of their titles featuring in the top 10 games by all-time downloads list. The studio operates its own established franchises such as Asphalt, Order & Chaos, Modern Combat and Dungeon Hunter, and also partners with major rights holders including Universal, Illumination Entertainment, Disney, Marvel, Hasbro and Fox Digital Entertainment to name but a few.
Behind the studio's direction and culture lies Gameloft's values; Passion, Talent Growth, Unity in Diversity, Agility and Autonomy. The studio prefers to invest in people who fit their values and seeks to bring together developers with diverse talents and backgrounds to create a strong team.
Once part of that team your responsibilities will include…
- Creating new game-mechanic functionality for characters, cameras and controls
- Developing game elements including AI, physics, and network functionality
- Debugging and optimising the games' performance and memory
- Programming in a structured, clear manner that is in keeping with the constraints inherent to platforms
- Developing tools needed for game development
The skills and experience you'll bring to the role…
- 5+ years programming experience
- University degree in computer engineering, computer science, or equivalent
- Mastery of C++ and C# programming languages
- Experience with PC and consoles
- Basic knowledge of 3D programming
- Organisational skills, independence, and the ability to work as part of a team
- Ability to work independently and under pressure
- Clear personal interest in video games, connected with strong knowledge of industry culture
- Strong communication skills
- Fluency in English and French, both spoken and written would be beneficial
If you'd like to learn more information about this excellent role, or the studio in question, get in touch with us!
Call +44 (0)1709 834777 or email email@example.com