Senior Gameplay Programmer
NaturalMotion – London, UK
NaturalMotion are looking for a Gameplay Programmer, at an experienced or senior level who excels at bringing other people’s ideas to life, and who proactively contributes ideas and solutions.
The studio likes small and agile teams so it's important that you are comfortable with working in such a structure.
You will be responsible for creating and iterating on gameplay and UI systems to improve the player experience. You'll collaborate with multiple disciplines and find technical solutions and approaches catering to each project’s particular needs.
The software you write will be well-designed, adaptable, and testable, making it suitable for long-term use. Team work is a big thing at NaturalMotion Working so you can expect to be collaborating closely with colleagues and conceiving and implementing new features from the ground up. You will also help to improve the code team’s knowledge and experience through learning and sharing.
The skills and experience you'll bring to the role…
- Developed and released one or more games in Unreal and C++
- Worked on titles from pre-production to release – experienced in getting a game shipped
- Comfortable in understanding and debugging unfamiliar code in a large project
- Previously created data driven systems
- History of working with other disciplines to architect and implement gameplay features or systems
- Strong and comprehensive understanding of coding UI and UX features
- Familiar with design patterns, memory/performance optimisation, and knowledge sharing
Bonus points if you have any of these desirable extras…
- Previously worked on strategy and action games
- Experienced worked with tools development
- Shipped titles across multiple-platforms
- Familiar with the particular challenges of developing and running a live game
NaturalMotion’s Action Strategy Group (ASG) is a BAFTA-nominated team developing an exciting new Star Wars™ game, running live operations on Dawn of Titans and developing a third unannounced game, all from their London studio.
They are a tight-knit team, with a sociable culture and a strong team identity whilst being able to experience all the benefits that come from being part of NaturalMotion and Zynga. The team crafts world-leading, mid-core games on a foundation of trust and camaraderie.
In 2018, 2019 and 2020 NaturalMotion Studios were named one of the Best Places to Work in the UK games industry by gamesindustry.biz.
Studio perks and benefits include…
- Competitive salary, discretionary annual bonus scheme and Zynga stock allowance
- Contributory pension scheme
- 25 days holiday, plus public holidays and Christmas shutdown
- Private medical care and healthcare cash plan
- Life insurance and critical illness insurance
- Discounted gym membership and free weekly yoga class
- Flexible working hours
- Free fruit, snacks & soft drinks provided daily, as well as free lunch on Fridays
- Annual season ticket loan and cycle to work scheme
- Summer and Christmas parties and Happy Hour every Friday
To find out more about the role or studio contact Paul for a confidential chat.
Email email@example.com or call +44 (0)1709 834777.