Senior Gameplay Programmer
Hutch Games – London, UK
Do you want the opportunity to make direct impact on a project and have autonomy?
Do you like being involved in the decision-making process?
Do you want to bring your own ideas to the team and work across multiple areas?
Will you be the next Senior Gameplay Programmer to join the Hutch team in their central London studio?
You will be working on one of their successful games, within a small cross-functional game team. You'll be collaborating with designers, artists, and programmers, working in a fast paced and iterative environment on challenges and problems surrounding making, releasing, and maintaining a successful mobile game.
Your day-to-day will involve the following tasks:
- Working across a variety of tasks related to game programming including; gameplay, player controls, game simulation behaviours, AI, meta-game behaviour, user interface, visual effects, audio effects, analytics hooks, and social features
- Designing and writing code in a maintainable and easily updatable manner, ready for post-launch updates in response to customer feedback
- Writing tools where necessary to empower artists and designers to make the game as good as possible, and provide mentoring and support to junior programmers
- Be responsible for the performance of the game, both frame-rate and memory usage
- Be actively involved in design discussions and prototyping
The skills and XP you'll need to succeed:
- Strong technical design and code skills in either C# or C++
- Proven commercial games development experience within the games industry (they're open to mobile, console and/or PC development experience)
- 2+ commercial titles developed from start to release, having gone through a full QA cycle, and preferably beyond to post-release support updates or DLC
- A passion/interest for making mobile games and exploring new approaches to development within the Free-to-Play field
- A proactive nature, with a desire to have a big impact, taking a lot of ownership for your work
The following will earn you BONUS POINTS:
- Experience working with Unity is ideal
- Previous mobile games experience, working within a commercially successful studio
Interested in learning more about this role or this studio?
Get in touch with us!
Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call +44 (0)1709 834777