Senior Gameplay Programmer
Splash Damage – Kent, UK
Could you be a part of Splash Damage, helping to create lifelong friendships for players and employees by building the world’s most engaging multiplayer experiences with world-leading partners?
Splash Damage have recently celebrated the launch of Gears Tactics, will you be a part of their next exciting title?
You will be part of the team responsible for implementing new and exciting gameplay features within a multiplayer environment. You will also work closely with other disciplines to help them realise their ideas through rapid prototyping and iterative agile development.
As a Senior Gameplay Programmer, you will use your advanced knowledge and experience to own the technical design and implementation of large-scale game features. Through mentoring and championing of best practices, you will provide day-to-day support for more junior members of the team whilst effectively managing your own time and workload through delegation. You will help drive the project forward by working with your discipline lead to plan and maintain roadmaps.
What should you be good at?
- Working with members of multiple disciplines to effectively elicit requirements and translate them into technical designs
- Identifying and championing best practices within your specialist domain
- Working effectively in open and collaborative environments
- Employing a can-do attitude to solve difficult problems as part of an agile, fast-moving, and highly-focused team
- Writing clear, maintainable, and portable code
- Communicating ideas, intent, and constraints to both technical and non-technical team members
The skills and XP you'll need to succeed:
- Strong practical knowledge of C++, with relevant professional experience
- Good understanding of game-development related 3D maths principles
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to self-organise
- Professional experience iteratively implementing gameplay features from inception to delivery
- Experience mentoring junior team members and providing clear and considered feedback
- A history of working throughout all phases of game development, from feature design and implementation to bug-fixing
The following will earn you BONUS POINTS:
- Professional development experience with real-time networked multiplayer games
- Unreal Engine 4 development experience
- Confident with developing for Xbox One and/or PS4
- Capable of profiling and optimising code for optimal CPU, memory, and bandwidth usage
- Experience developing procedurally generated environments
- Skills in animation programming
- Experience delivering systems or content for a live-service release schedule
Interested in learning more about this role or this studio?
Get in touch with us!
Email email@example.com or call +44 (0)1709 834777