Senior Gameplay Programmer – initially remote
nDreams – Hampshire, UK
Do you want to take your programming experience and apply it to some of the most exciting, cutting edge VR projects around?
As a Senior Gameplay Programmer for nDreams you'll be pivotal in helping to deliver innovative, world class games at the frontier of new hardware and pioneering methods of implementation. You only have to look at how well Phantom: Covert Ops has been received, to see that nDreams are changing the gaming landscape when it comes to VR.
Trail-blazing fresh, creative and immersive VR experiences is standard at nDreams, for your part you can expect to be creating tactile, satisfying and responsive game systems.
So, if your coding skills are maxed out, you can target bugs with sniper-like precision and your only combo-breaker is an empty coffee cup join nDreams as their new Senior Gameplay Programmer for the future of VR games.
In your new role you can expect to be:
- Building high quality, scalable features for AAA quality VR games
- Exchanging ideas and technical plans with the design team
- Guiding features through full development cycle – starting with rapid prototyping, evolving through production development, iteration/balancing and bug fixing
The skills and XP you’ll need include:
- A knack for making interactions and mechanics feel right –combining smoothing and hysteresis with visual, audio and haptic feedback to create convincing and fun interactions
- Proven experience programming high quality features for published PC, console or mobile titles
- Experienced in authoring efficient and scalable code for games
- Comprehensive knowledge of 3D maths and data structures
- Strong performance-minded development and optimisation skills
- Advanced knowledge base of C++ programming, data structures, design patterns and software engineering.
Bonus points if you have:
- VR development and Unreal experience
nDreams are an open, creative and diverse studio, you’ll be joining a growing team that’s encouraged to explore their own ideas and make their mark on the studio’s titles.
You can expect to be on the receiving end of some great perks including flexible core hours, 20 days holiday plus banks holidays, duvet days, share options and regular socials.
This is your chance get on board as the studio grows and undertakes bigger and bigger titles to drive the development of VR games onward and upward.
Interested in a future with this industry innovator? To find out more about the role and studio get in touch with Tom Ash via email email@example.com or call +44 (0)1709 834777.